Thread: Sellers only...
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think such an attitude completely underrates the quality of our current prospects and young players, as well as the demonstrated acumen of our scouting staff. If we retain our key UFAs and keep developing and drafting kids just as we have been these last few years, I think it's awfully pessimistic to think we'll be "an average team for years". It just seems like such a defeatist attitude to me.

And I don't think anybody thought that Edmonton was a Cup contender last year either... that might seem like a broken record by now to the seller camp... but bottom line, it has become a reality in the modern NHL. The right team on the right roll can have great success in the playoffs. Why voluntarily bow out before even taking that chance? None of it adds up to me.
Very well said. Folks in the so-called "seller's camp" show impatience with regards to the current group of youngsters who people were talking about 3 years ago. It is only now we're seeing them develop at the NHL level. Retaining key UFA's while the youngsters continue to improve is a formula for success. I don't see why some of these fans show they're willing to be patient for another 5 year cycle when they can't even show patience enough to let the current cycle finish. With that attitude the Habs will never amount to anything.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote