View Single Post
Old
02-25-2007, 03:01 PM
FerrisRox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
The beauty of it is we will know before Tuesday who is more naive (at least about the Markov signing "done deal").

The "sect" of gullible fans who see Gainey as sort of the next best thing after God and who see a masterplan even in his mistakes (and who also think it is right for him to outright lie to the media and fans to "keep them out of it" according to your "theory") (and who will not hesitate to personnally attack any poster who dares post against the "Gospel") or the realistic fans who point out mistakes when they believe they are made and who realize, amongst other things, that the field has been levelled by the salary Cap and taht there is no reason for the Habs, with the best fan base in hockey, to satisfy tehmselves just to be an average team and that this organization more tahn any other has a duty to always strive to be the best.

I, for one, am a proud member of the second group and, call me a "whiner", a "troll" (whatever that is), an "incredibly naive" person, a "Saturday morning whiner" or any other insult you can come up with, I will continue to voice my opinions here as I see fit (and will try to remain civilized despite your provocation).

I would also like to add that I belive the press and the fans have a fundamental right to the truth and that it would be very wrong to outright lie to them as you suggest, wrongly in my view, that Mr. Gainey has been doing.If Mr.Gainey does not want to divulge something, which is his right to a degree, all he has to say is "No comment" or "I would prefer not to discuss this at the time being" or, as the Habs like "policies", "Our policy is not to discuss contract negotiations" and taht does the trick.
My friend, I am not putting forth a "theory" of what Gainey is doing, but rather fact. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

However, I do think it's laughable that you actually beleive that Gainey has never discussed contract with his top two defensemen. That's just plain hilarious to me.

As for your bit about the press and fans having a "fundamental right to the truth" I can only say, you need to a get a clue. You really think/want your GM to reveal every detail every deal? He will get ***** by agents and rival General Managers and crucified by the media. It's an absollutely absurd suggestion.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote