Old
02-25-2007, 03:46 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
In defense to his treatment of Pock;

Young players Renney has played in the last two years:

Lundqvist, Prucha, Immonen, D. Moore, Pock, Callahan, Tyutin, Liffiton, Girardi, Dawes, Hossa. Name another coach in the last 10 + years who has given this many young guys playing time in critical parts of a season, not the last 8-10 games where the season is lost.

I don't know where the thought that he doesn't use younger players comes from. Maybe he doesn't do it to the extent some posters would like, but he has given more kids shots for this team than any coach in my memory.
I think the major criticism of Renney is that he doesn't give the young guys enough of a chance to show what they can do. Giving a kid a few games and then demoting him to Hartford isn't really a fair shot imo. But it's not totally Renney's fault either. The team is stuck between a rock and a hard place...they're trying to build the team for the future, but at the same time still have the kind of guys (Jagr, Shanahan) who scream win now! So what's a guy to do? That's why Jagr needs to go. It's the only way to keep management focussed on the longterm game plan.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote