View Single Post
Old
03-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
One thing I just noticed...the "Super Championship Weekend" is March 12th-15th next year, about a week earlier than the University Cup is usually held. So how is the schedule going to work?

Also, with the AUS now getting two automatic berths I assume the Finals will go to a best-of-3 and the semi-finals to a best-of-5 permanently. The 3rd place match-up (when required) I also assume will be a best-of-3 and coincide with the schedule of the Finals.
This is no different than last year (2012-13). The tournament ended on the 17th as the Blades started their playoffs the next weekend.

The 2012/13 season was a 16/12 split with the last weekend being a single game on Friday. You could move a first-half Wednesday game into the second half for a 15-13 split. Last season was also a 3-5-3 for the playoffs. The impact is - you can't wait until Christmas to fix a problem, the season could be over with only 12-13 games left. Other than that - I can't see it being a problem. The season would start the weekend after Canadian Thanksgiving.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote