View Single Post
Old
03-29-2014, 09:42 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Or let's fault Therrien for thinking that as much as DD and Pac needs to go together, that Gionta and Pleks also needed that. Somehow, the thought to remove Gionta from the top 6, his captain, probably one of our best 2-way player, playing with the best 2-way centerman, for the role he wanted them to play, it was then impossible to separate that pairing. He saw the light based on the fact that we needed more offense. And the fact that just before Gallagher and Galchenyuk was reunited with Pleks, that Therrien tried to have a EGG line reunion that, while not for long, didn't worked out. Not for long though, Pleks and both kids started to work well from the get go.

I guess that in practices and in games, coaching staff thought that Vanek would have a better chemistry with DD and Pac then with Pleks. Is it worth it? Well that DD line produces. And for a change, Plekanec has rarely played with 2 wingers like those kids are. And you have to hope that while still the best 2-way C, that Pleks will have more offensive opportunities.

For sure, Therrien was way too slow at adapting. But it's all great to talk about the "best players", but again, if DD is hated so much, is surely because those wingers don't play with the best centerman. So which is it? Isn't Therrien by putting our 2 best wingers with not the best centerman is actually a sign of trying to have some strengths on every line? Or should those guys play with Pleks, the best centerman of the team, so that it then provokes unbalancing the lines? I guess I'll have in response that it's rare that you don't put your 2 best wingers with the best C well then if true....the debate about putting all your eggs in the same basket doesn't apply.
for some odd reason, Plek and Gionta on the same line is not needed anymore