Thread: Player Discussion: Shayne Gostisbehere
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2014, 08:47 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If he returns for his senior year, we keep his right until Spring 2015. Not sure of the exact date, but it might be June 1st
Actually they hold his rights until 2016. He wasn't drafted until after his freshman year in 2012. They hold his rights for 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparsHipCheck View Post
I don't think the Mesa Rink is big enough to hold his talents any more. I think his game has grown to the maximum potential and it is time to move on for the sake of his hockey development. What else is left for him to accomplish at this level personally? As a team they have reached the Frozen Four in 2 of his 3 seasons, which is off the charts impressive for a small school like Union, but I don't see them winning the National Championship with teams like BC and Minnesota in the mix. They don't have the pedigree or strength of regular season schedule to go against these guys when the trophy is on the line.

Other than that if he wants to stay at Union, that's great he'll actually finish his education, unlike a lot of guys...this is something admirable.
I agree. He's too good for that league. I thought he was too good for that league at the end of last year, but like most prospects he stayed for his 3rd season. He's only going to develop bad habits if he goes back for another year. He needs to challenge himself. No disrespect to Union, they have a hell of a program, but he needs to start playing with guys that are closer to his skill level if he's going to take that next step.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote