Thread: Player Discussion: Shayne Gostisbehere
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2014, 09:50 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
one of the thing I like about college development is that there are fewer games and strength and conditioning program is year round and very structured. I think the most important thing for Ghost is to develop his body and the best place for him to do that is in College.
Gaudreau and Gostisbehere have been considered small since the day they set foot on campus and three years later they are still considered small. Another year isn't going to change much. They need to get into a professional routine and have specialized workouts all while challenging themselves on the ice.

If the organization is so concerned over his size, they will play him in the AHL. They play most of their games on the weekend so they have a lot of time during the week to dedicate to strength and conditioning. Also, I don't know how Union's S&C program is (they have a pretty small team), but I know a lot of schools don't have dedicated S&C coaches for each sport so they are getting a pretty generalized workout instead of a sport specific regimen.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote