View Single Post
Old
02-26-2007, 09:09 AM
BigE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I've read the whole thread. Nothing I've read has convinced me that trading away older players for good picks and prospects will have any lasting negative effect on this team. When buyers are tossing around 1st round picks for marginal players and our team is going nowhere fast I see no reason we shouldn't be offering our guys to the highest bidder.

This wasn't necessarily the case two days ago, and quite likely still isn't the case now. At least not if there are players in the room that still feel they're capable of doing things. What message does it send to any young player in this organization if they still feel they've got a shot and management suddenly pulls the plug and sells?

It's not enough just to develop skilled hockey players, you've also got to groom them with a winning mentality - something which takes more than 6 months to put together.

Maybe things have changed with the Columbus defeat, maybe they haven't, but who really thinks the Rangers are going to trade Nylander (much less Jagr)? Who thinks we're going to get a Braydon Coburn in return for Ward or Rachunek? You're fooling yourselves.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote