View Single Post
Old
02-07-2004, 04:35 AM
MattScott

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattScott
Well at this point, I'd have to say Ryder is probably 2nd or 3rd in the Calder race. Raycroft has been so hot again lately that I'm sure he'd be ontop of any poll that wasn't dominated by Hab biased voters. But saying Hunter is better than Ryder or vice versa is very hard because they're putting up such similar stats. But to be completely fair I might pick Hunter over Ryder just because I don't think he's playing with anyone as talented as Koivu is (or Ribeiro on the powerplay). Those are two top notch playmakers setting up Michael, where as I can't think of anyone healthy on the Islanders team that can set up plays as well as either of them.

But the race sure isn't over, and considering that young goalies often go through hot and cold spells Raycroft could fall off at any time. And with Ryder playing with the linemates he does he should consistantly produce throughout the rest of the season, where as Hunter could easily fall off aswell. Ryder stands a great chance at taking the Calder if he continues the way he's played all season long. The others IMO stand a greater chance of having prolonged slumps.