View Single Post
Old
04-01-2014, 12:28 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They're a two line offensive threat and that's easy to shut down. The Islanders nearly did it, and Boston did it in spectacular fashion. We've been doing it, as well. You need a center who can play D while also scoring.

Yes, you also need a #1 like you described. I never said you didn't. But what's the point of getting that guy if it doesn't bring you any closer to contention? Couturier is very likely going to fill that two-way role we need; and if he hits 40 points with the competition he plays against and without PP time, then he's got to be considered elite; there are very few players who can do that. Trade him, and we aren't actually any closer to contention. If anything, it means we'll need to go into another retooling period. This is a tentative/borderline 3 line team. Without Couturier they become a 1 line offense. I don't trust Schenn to carry a heavy load and I don't trust Lecavalier, and there would be nobody who's all that great defensively down center, either.

This is why you just need to draft and develop your own Dmen. If you're constantly making this sort of trade your team will constantly be in limbo. The Flyers have tried that for ages and it's failed. It's well past time that they try to build their own team instead of trading for it.
I never suggested otherwise. I was looking at it in terms of pure value.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote