View Single Post
Old
04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Armourboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I think playing players on the right line combinations will help with the dump and chase some. I have noticed that the Bourque - Jarnkrok - Smith line doesn't seem to do that as much. Not saying they don't do it, it just seems as though they carry it in more than the other lines.
Probably because Jarnkrok and Smith tend to handle the puck a bit better than some of the others.

Say what you will about Trotz, you can blame him or not, but my biggest fault with him this year is that there has been zero consistency in the lines, not just game to game but from minute to minute. Sometimes guys do need to be moved around if its just not working or no longer working, but he hasn't left them alone long enough to have any form of cohesion really.

Don't get me wrong, the guys haven't played very well this season, and I think a good chunk ( if not most) of the blame is with them, however as a coach you need to do things to make the team better, and I'm not sure at any point this season I felt like anything was done to make the team better.

Now whether its happened or not is one thing, but my perception of it is that Trotz spent the entire year moving guys up and down the line up because they messed up or didn't mess up, not because it made the line or team better as a whole.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote