View Single Post
Old
04-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good he went to the NFL equivalent of the Rangers
I agree, I never wanted Jackson on the Jets. I also didn't want Vick but that's discussion that is impossible to have without getting too upset.
In honor of Bluenote I give you the SoS Jets mock draft

WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE

Why the Jets draft him? He will probably be the best playmaker on the board at 18. The Jets like Austin last year and they haven't completely addressed the wide receiver position

TE JACE AMARO
TEXAS TECH

I have my doubts that Amaro will be here in the 2nd round. If he is the Jets will pounce on him.

S TERRENCE BROOKS
FLORIDA STATE

The Jets have needs in the secondary and Brooks would provide much needed depth. Brooks would also improve the Jets special teams

ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD
CONNECTICUT

I think Smallwood slips to the top of the 4th round. I could be wrong but I think it's a fair spot for him. The Jets would give Smallwood a year to apprentice under David Harris. Another good special teams contributor.

RB CHARLES SIMS
WEST VIRGINIA

This is a back that knows Geno well from college. The Jets can't depend on Goodson being on the roster when camp opens. The guy is going on trial. Even if the Jets add another back in free agency they could find room for Sims to play next season. I think Sims would beat out Powell in training camp. He's going to be a good pro.

CB VICTOR HAMPTON
SOUTH CAROLINA

This kid is a project but he would help out on special teams immediately. He is not the answer to take over a starting corner spot but adds depth to the secondary. Rex loves corners, and Rex loves DB's that can play both corner and safety.

CB DEION BELUE
ALABAMA

Two cornerbacks in a row? Yeah, because I just want to point out the Belue selection. I think he's the most likley mid-round corner the Jets will draft. He started opposite Milner in College and Rex always complements the Alabama defense. I'm just saying I can see the Jets making this selection.

OT MATT PATCHAN
BOSTON COLLEGE

If the Jets can get Patchan at this spot in the draft they have to pull the trigger on him. I know I read the Jets were high on this kid and look at him as project. The Jets kept Aboushi and Campbell on the roster last season without ever playing a down I think Patchan or another late selection will be used to compete with those guys in camp.

WR KEVIN NORWOOD
ALABAMA

I think the depth at the WR position is going to hurt Norwood's draft stock. He has experience in pro offense at Alabama and is a good route runner. That's something Geno needs to develop. If Norwood is here in the 6th round the Jets will pounce on him.

OLB TYLER STARR
SOUTH DAKOTA

The Jets met with Starr twice. Starr had a relativly good combine and could end up being a project selection. When you have 12 picks but most are at the bottom of the draft projects and special teams players should be the targets. Starr fits both of that criteria

DT RYAN CARRETHERS
ARKANSAS STATE

Depth for an already good defensive line. A big body that has experience a 3-4 defense.

CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

I bet a team is smart enough to pick Colvin before the 7th round. This kid was going to be a 2nd round pick until he tore his knee up. With 12 picks in the draft the Jets can draft Colvin with an eye towards 2015. Let him study with the coaches and players in meetings and rehab under the NFL trainers.