View Single Post
Old
04-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
It's been nearly 2.5 years since I picked up hockey; though I spent about 1 year in the military so technically only 1.5 years of playing hockey.

It's neat looking back at this thread, because I think when I first posted here, I could only barely skate forward and can do nothing else.

I worked at it and didn't worry about how people looked at me, and now I'm playing with guys with several years under their belt, including guys who played in 3rd/4th tier minor league back in the days.

I've gotten a bit complacent towards the end and stopped working on my skating, which I still regret to this day because I am now too busy to hit the rink on a consistent basis.

My advice to you guys is to work on skating as much as you can.

I don't argue that it's more important than hands, because it isn't. But it's something you won't bother working once you start playing league and drop-in games. It's no fun having to work on boring skating drills over and over again, especially when your burning passion for hockey dwindles. It's important to get as much down as possible before you get lazy. Working on hands is fun (shooting, puck handling) and can be done almost anywhere. Save that for when you can't make it to the rink.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote