View Single Post
Old
02-07-2004, 02:31 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
I didn't realize that Weekes is already 29. I thought he was a couple of years younger. Maybe this kills the deal. Maybe change it so that it's O'Neill instead of Cole to sweeten it for Ottawa.

It's true that Weekes hasn't lead a team to the Cup (by himself) but neither has Lalime, and Weekes hasn't had a team with the same caliber as Ottawa in front of him - even the year they went to the Cup. If I recall, he did bail out the Canes in their run to the Cup, and anytime I've ever seen Lalime and Weekes head to head he's been more impressive than Lalime. Even seeing him playing teams other than Ottawa he's impressed me.

But one thing you said does stand out - he's playing awesome right now. Lalime isn't. And the way Lalime's playing makes it seem as though he could be done. It's as though he's getting worse with each passing game, each bad goal. The bad goals are getting worse in nature.
im pretty sure weekes isnt 29, i think he is 27...i should check. lalime sounds like he is in the funk he was in when he finished in pitts. he was unbelievable as a rookie, i think he broke a record for a streak he started with. he held out and dropped off for a while until he popped up with ottawa. i think he can definitely get into slumps - i still think it is crazy to give up on him. if you want the cup now, maybe weekes is the better choice- i still like lalime long term.