View Single Post
Old
04-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Sureshot
Thumbs up, soldier!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Hey everyone, I've got a pretty basic question. I apologize if this isn't the right spot for it, but I looked through a bunch of threads and this seems like the best fit.

Long story short, I've been a hockey fan for a long time, and I've been into fitness for a long time. I just ran into some old friends from high school who play pick-up roller hockey games during the spring/summer, and they asked if I wanted to join. Though I haven't played on ice much at all, and I haven't played roller in a number of years, I can skate pretty well on wheels, certainly better than I can on ice, and the past few months I've been really hungering to play, more than I have maybe ever.

Anyway, I'm shopping around for skates and the rest of the appropriate equipment, but as of now I have an old stick and a bunch of balls laying around. I'm curious as to what I can do to improve any skills using just that basic gear. I'm guessing that I can probably work on my hands if nothing else. Does anybody have any tips on how to go about that specifically? Any links to good routines that might help? I know a great deal about the game as on observer, but as you can tell, I know very, very little about it from a player perspective.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can offer!
I'd recommend perusing the videos created by HowToHockey. They show a wealth of tips, exercises and drills that can be done on ice or dry land.

Sureshot is offline   Reply With Quote