View Single Post
Old
02-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Jagr loves NY, he said that billiontimes.
He wants to make some noise here, not to vanish here and move to another club.
Jagr didn't put anyone on the block, he critized Ward once (as many other players) and only Ward feels like he is treated unfairly...
Yeah, I defenitly don't belive JJ have asked for a trade.

But I am not all that suprised if Jagr is beeing shopped. I like Jagr, but he is de facto uncoachable. Inorder for Jagr to be successful, he must play the style he wants, his linemates must play the style he wants. Jagr is also a pretty special person.

This team got a deep identity problem, first and foremost thats what we need to adjust. We must create a NYR identity that can be successful. Thats a long process of building it up pice by pice.

Jagr, wheter he got a C or not, is the leader of this team. We all know how is mentaly, the question is how much he is helping the team at this point?

We can't have a game plan through all 4 lines. Very much of our game is just Jagr.

Lets say we had a Paul Kariya instead of a Jagr, we could have a gameplan through all 4 lines. Our top offensive player wouldn't be moody. He would score allot less though. IMO, it all comes down to if we can get a real building pice for the future, I am not talking about a Ryan Parent or Scottie Upshall, but a really good young player/prospect like a Jordan Staal for example, and other prospects or picks, or a vet who is a downgrade from Jagr but still can play on a top line.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote