View Single Post
Old
02-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No One
Deadmarsh's contract is not covered. Insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions. Since he signed a new contract in the off season, there is no way any insurance company would insure it for concussions.

If he had played this year, and tore up his shoulder a la Aulin and Palffy, then it would be covered.

In fact, I read somewhere (I wish I had bookmarked it).. But players has to be free from thier injury for at least two years before an insurance company would cover a contract against a similar injury.

and as far as the rumor goes, it seems like it is a Garrioch-type rumor. Insurance covers 80% of Allison's, and his contract is up at the end of the season.. So why force them into retirement? Maybe it is to keep their rights in case they are EVER cleared to play again. (hmmm, interesting out-loud thought)

EDIT: so my question is, if a player is forced into a Medical retirement, how long do his rights stay with the last team he played on?
Thanks for the clarification No One. So perhaps the rumor only applies to Deadmarsh then.