Thread: Alain Vigneault
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2014, 12:02 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Moore has to get bigger and stronger to be more of an effective force out there. That 2-1 he misplayed is a peewee hockey drill.. His job is to take away the pass, you have Henrik in net, no need for him to panic the way he did.

I don't think Moore has the intangibles to get to that next level.

Going back to AV, last night is an example of how he let's his team play.. Once the Rangers were on their heels, he should have pressed for them to get shots on net and work the walls instead of playing possum. He has to motivate in game because not all of the forwards bring it every shift.
Eh, I think the Rangers played like a team which hasn't had an extra day off between games in 2 1/2 weeks...which will prove to be the case after the Senators' game on Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are sluggish for that one either.

As for in general, that's what I like most about AV. That he doesn't demand or expect all-out effort every shift. He just expects the smart plays to made all the time and for the players to not get habitually lazy or stupid or both.

He lets them try to play through it & if they can't then he will step in when he has to.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote