View Single Post
Old
04-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Deluded Puck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Does anybody remember what Patrick said about Erik Johnson on L'Antichambre? About playing him despite his mistakes?
Nope but he're what he said about Johnson way back in September, before a puck had been dropped in anger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Roy
“I had a great conversation with Erik. Honestly, I’m confident he’s going to have a really good year. The thing is, we’re going to work really hard with him to ‘don’t live in the past.’ It’s now,” Roy said. “Don’t worry about the ‘first overall’ thing. Don’t worry where people say ‘first overall pick’ – it’s over. We want you to be who you are. Erik needs to be Erik Johnson. Go hard, go out there and play his game and be himself. That’s what I want to see from him. We’re going to try and bring a lot of confidence to his game. Yes, we want him to play better defensively. But we don’t want to take away his offensive skills, because he’s got good offensive skills.”
Coaches need to pump their players tyres, at least in public. In fact the only player Roy has gone after is a veteran in Gigure. He gets it.

Last edited by Deluded Puck: 04-04-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Deluded Puck is offline   Reply With Quote