View Single Post
04-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Join Date: Oct 2011
Players who should be resigned:
1. Tomas Vanek. If we can, he'll be a great addition to next year's team. Unbelievable playmaking ability and deadly in front of the net with tip ins. We simply do not have that kind of player with size 6'2" 205lbs. We don't have that type of player. I know he's not the fastest skater but he sees the ice well.
2. Andrei Markov. Its obvious this year that Markov is not the same. He gets beat on the outside with speed more often than not. He isn't strong on the defensive zone but he does have a quick stick. Looking in our system, there isn't a player who can replace Markov, maybe Beaulieu but he's still 2-3 years away from being an offensive defenseman. If we still had Ryan Mcdonagh, Markov would not be resigned.
Players who should NOT be resigned:
1. Brian Gionta. I think we need to turn the page on Gionta. He's still producing but his numbers are in decline for the past 3-4 years. He'll be 36 soon and between him and Briere, ask yourself this: do we need two 36 year old 5'7" 160lbs wingers on the third line? Gionta can still make money in open market and its in the best of our club to add size and get younger.
2. George Parros, Francis Boullion, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray. We also need to turn the page of these players. I think Jarrod Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu and Greg Pateryn could be ready next season, if not Matt Greene, Tom Gilbert on UFAs and could be good options.
1. PK Subban. This is a no brainer, give PK $7.6 million per season for 7 years. He's a top 5 NHL defenseman.
2. Lars Eller. I'm a bit disappointed with Eller's season. He seems to lack the drive. I could see Eller being packaged for a winger to replace Gionta's spot next season.
1. Paul Stastny. Bring this guy home. He's got good speed and size. Very good playmaking ability. Still young and could give Galchenyuk and Gallagher a boost in point production.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by rockjngo