View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Yes I've noticed we disagree there.

I do fear DD's extreme lack of size will fail him, there are so many things a player that small just can't do in a physical game, opposition will exploit those weaknesses.

I guess I can agree that size has a greater impact on the wing (and defence). I think in the league C is the position where average player size is smallest. But there are limits, and anyway we often have four or five other little guys in the lineup so the problem runs deeper than dd.

Aside from "history," it is the Habs "size" that primarily defines our identity these days. You constantly hear this if you listen to opposing team's commentators. I'm pretty sure there's never been a smaller team going into the NHL playoffs it will be amazing if we somehow overcome it.

GHG!
I think your post is fair. Honestly, while size down the middle isn't as key to success as the wings and although small players can succeed too much of it can be a weakness. Personally, I'd have only Desharnais, Gionta and Gallagher up front at the very most. Anything more is a little overkill and it can be suggested that those 3 might be too much as well.

We'll have to see what happens but playoffs are always difficult, whether you're a big or small team. We'll just have to see what the roadblocks to our success are. Maybe it's lazy big wingers like Bourque. Maybe Price will be weak or our defense not in position. We'll see but DD, Gionta or whoever may also be at fault. Until then we say GHG and we hope for the best.