View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 12:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbadenough View Post
With the wingers that are on your first line, zone possession becomes critical along with defensive responsibility up the middle. These two necessities are magnified in the playoffs when time and space disappears. Size does matter. Can you imagine a big defensively solid center with better vision and hands on that line with the ability to go to the boards in the offensive zone when necessary? I would make the switch in the last few games just to judge the chemistry.

In the playoffs you may want the ability to separate Vanek from Patch and DD, line wise. Let Vanek play on the second line for a couple of games so that he can watch those guys play close up.
I mean, you're basically saying "can you imagine a better player in every aspect playing with them? It would be better". I doubt anyone would disagree but we have no such player so it's kind of a pointless debate. If you can get a true #1C with size, more skill, more hockey IQ and all that, by all means...Just don't say Eller just because he's got size.