Thread: Free Agency
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
In no way am I interested in bringing another center into the fold. We have to make room for Galchenyuk and Eller. Not clutter things further. If anything, we should be looking to move Plekanec to facilitate things (risky, but makes the space, clears cap space, and moves out a guy in the 30 and over club). Move him for a combo of picks/prospects.

If the stars aligned, you could then sign a guy like Vanek AND add secondary scoring to a line with the Gals.

I'd have Markov back for the right price. 2 years and $5 million per.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin

A very good top 4.

I don't think the third pair can be a rotation of three youngsters. Tinordi is ready. Beaulieu has shown signs, but he still needs to add strength. I think Weaver has availed himself nicely. He takes a hit to make a play, hits hard - ask Paille - and is a good 6-7 guy. He's a cheap signing too.

Third pair for me would be Tinordi and Weaver. Cube is gone, so the team has to decide at camp if Nate is ready to be up full time, and rotate in and out of the line up.

Parros is done. I'd replace him with Biznasty. Cheap, capable of the task, and not one concussion away from forced retirement.

Prust moves up to full time 3rd line duty, Bournival to the 4th line.
You don't trade your best center, Plekanec, for prospects, unless you've given up contending in the next three/four years and plan to rebuild. There is no one who could take his place in the short term. And if you're thinking long-term, why in the world keep Markov??

Prust is not a 3rd-liner on a contender. He's a great 4th line guy when healthy, but he may not ever be 100% healthy.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote