View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Every player is tradeable, Boston traded Seguin FFS.

It obviously won't please everyone, but clearly Subban is not Bergevin/Therrien type of player and they are the management team. I like the path they have put the Habs on even if this clashes with PK.

Subban has also chosen a bad year to have a somewhat down season, but some of the blame also sits with the management team. They have chosen a course of action with PK and it appears to not be returning the results they expected.

I agree with some who think this is heading to an off-season showdown. Listening to Bergevin on the Nilan show this week, I am inclined to think that Subban will get an offer much less than what he expects.
If he gets traded, we're looking at a similar return/if not worse than Seguin. Guaranteed one overpaid past prime replacement D coming back that's for sure due to the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
One last time.........

The Habs lineup as it was last season without an elite winger like Vanek playing on a line with Pacioretty simply did not have the offensive talent and ability to make it far in the playoffs.

Repeating it again and again until people can finally grasp the concept that a winger like Vanek is needed on this team to compete for a Cup.

Notice in this post I did not mention the name of the player who is mentioned in the OP so that assumptions cannot be made.
Actually you need both...there aren't many teams going far in playoffs without high end D. Subban, Vanek, Pacioretty, Price, Galchenyuk should be star power core with Plekanec/Markov as good veteran support. This franchise never had this many good pieces in a lineup in a very long time. The management will show it's true colours this offseason, there is realistic potential of losing both Subban/Vanek and becoming Houle 2.0 or getting everyone signed/actually do their job and develop their young talent to play their best not regress to depths they've never reached.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-05-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote