View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He's near that, but I have him around 5'9/5'10. Drouin's 5'10.5''.

There's a boatload of differences between the two players though. You need to be quick to be able to get away from coverage with that frame. You need to be smarter than the bigger guys, be shifty, and work harder.

And I'm not sure Gadoury fits all those categories. Given that I've only seen him play a few times, and never live.

I think he's just a good goal scorer playing with two excellent junior players. I'll wait to see more before commenting on his Pro potential, but right now, I'm not very confident.
He's a late round pick or AHL signing type guy right now. However, I think he does have a lot of smarts, his hands are silky smooth and he really knows how to find soft spots in coverage. I understand that he is playing with some great players on his team but a lot of the times, I've seen him generate the plays himself.

Let's keep in mind as well that Drouin is still sulking about being down in the Q. He is entirely dominating the game based on skill alone, he isn't really trying most times. Gadoury often drives the line.

He's a guy well worth taking a chance on. Let's not confuse him with being a 2-4th round prospect, he's a guy you take a flyer on and see if he can contribute in the NHL. Much like what happened with Desharnais.