View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Baie-Comeau is the favorite to win the Q but it's tight between all the top teams. They also get home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

Depends on how you take things with McCarron. From a London Knights perspective, it's a given that playoffs play will be a lot more important. However, from a developmental perspective, playoffs don't trump regular season. There's no evidence that playoffs production translates to increased production over the next few seasons.

We often get noise with small samples. Some might see McCarron rising his game late in the year. I think it has more to do with Smith joining his line. Nothing against McCarron who has shown some good things. That said, with time-on-ice taken into account. I don't find he creates a lot on his own. Smith creates most of the offense and McCarron seems to bring secondary support. Not a bad thing but I still think we're far from a top-6 guy who can generate some offense in the NHL. Still think the upside is a defensive player who can make the other team work in their own end by cycling the puck. Still needs to be stronger on his feet.
I'd be more worried if his lack of production came while he was playing top linemates with a lot of offensive minutes. It's also nice to see that he's continue that run he had since late January. I'm not sure he gets much powerplay time either. Would be nice if the OHL/WHL could track shots like the Q on their site to give added insight to the points. He loved to get pucks on net in the U18 so will be interesting if that carries over to OHL and whether his shot rate went up significantly in second half compared to first half.