View Single Post
Old
04-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
The gif doesn't really do justice to just how skilled McCarron's goal was..he roofed it top corner within a couple feet of the net...as Cosentino said..."a goal scorer's goal."

Strong game from MM....went head to head versus Fabbri's line and ended the night +1..one of London's better forwards on the night. I wish Hunter would give him some PP time - he's earned it...he's a handful in front of the net 5-on-5.
I didn't check London's PP%, I'll assume it's pretty good based on the quality players they have, but you have to think that at one point he HAS to be tried at least on the PP#2. But does London reach that? Or do they score before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
We often get noise with small samples. Some might see McCarron rising his game late in the year. I think it has more to do with Smith joining his line. Nothing against McCarron who has shown some good things. That said, with time-on-ice taken into account. I don't find he creates a lot on his own. Smith creates most of the offense and McCarron seems to bring secondary support. Not a bad thing but I still think we're far from a top-6 guy who can generate some offense in the NHL. Still think the upside is a defensive player who can make the other team work in their own end by cycling the puck. Still needs to be stronger on his feet.
McCarron has been paired with top offensive players before and it wasn't working out. Not sure Smith ends up being better than players he was with. I think that in the end, as I had hope before, he clearly improved as the year progressed. Personnally, I think that they are in too tough of a challenge and will probably sit that one till the Mem Cup. That 5 on 3 really helped them out last game.