View Single Post
Old
02-27-2007, 08:49 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post

I had to leave for work at 2:30, and I heard on TSN that the Rangers dealt Dupuis to Atlanta for a prospect, but thought nothing of it. Figured it'd be a B-level prospect at best. I couldn't believe my eyes just now when I got home and saw it was for Alex Bourret!

To be honest I have not followed his progress since he's been drafted, but he was one player I was VERY high on prior to the 2005 draft. If we had stayed at 16th overall and not traded up with Atlanta, he's a guy I think we would have drafted. It's kind of ironic that we end up with him only two years later.

I understand Waddell being desperate about making the playoffs, but I don't see how the addition of Dupuis is going to help them a great deal. I think gutting the farm for Zhitnik and Tkachuk was enough. They gave up a top prospect in Braydon Coburn for Zhitnik and a ton of high draft picks for Tkachuck...was it really necessary to give up another top prospect for Dupuis and a pick?

Atlanta's farm went from being very strong to very bare. If they win the Cup, that's great, but right now they look foolish.
I had to leave for school around the same time and didn't know of all the final trade of the day but holy SHHHHHHHH""""""""""TTTTTTTTTTT lol. Bourret for Dupius and a 3rd??? wow thats insane. What an amazing deal! I didn't think the team would get that kind of return for him. Atlanta LOVES overpaying and I love it.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote