View Single Post
Old
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
On the Bourret side of the coin, the fact that the AHL fans didn't think he was going to help them win the Calder doesn't mean he's lost his upside. I think he's just been downgraded from a top 2 line prospect to a 3rd line prospect.

I'll take a guess at what the Thrashers see in Dupuis -a 50 point guy before the lockout, whose offense was stifled in Lemaire's system and nagged by some injuries the last year and a half. Waddell has a knack for finding offensive talent that's 'misunderstood', and giving them enough confidence (Hartley can speak to him in french) to reach their potential. Example, Marc Savard who he picked up for nothing. Dupuis' speed will help on the PK, and they get back one of the picks they spent on Tkachuk. Atlanta's decided to go all in this year, and they think Dupuis could be another small piece. I know Dupuis looked pretty good when the Thrashers played the Wild this year. Maybe that's what sold them.

We'll see. It might not work. I don't have answers.
I was entirely underwhelmed by Dupuis and his speed didnt seem as fast as some people make it out to be. hes a smaller ortmeyer in the speed department if you ask me. theres just nothing about his game that impressed me at all. Adam hall was the better player in the deal, and Bourret is the best out of the 3. i can see bourret being a fixture in this lineup for years to come. in my opinion, its a rip off.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote