View Single Post
Old
04-06-2014, 05:31 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
The bolded part is what I'm talking about. Passing is one of Markov's biggest strengths so you maximize that strength by putting him on the left side. If it means someone who isn't as good passing wise plays his offside then so be it.

A defenceman who can pass well needs to be on his correct side more so than someone who isn't good with the puck.

EDIT: Just to clarify your position seems to be Emelin is already worse than Markov at passing so let's not put Emelin on the right side and expose that "weakness" even more. I can't get behind that because it's playing not to lose rather than playing to win. Instead we should put our best players in the best situations/roles and try to win on their strengths rather than have them cover for lesser players weaknesses.
As a general rule yes. But again like I said, you have to factor in reality, ex Markov never playing RD in his life, wher as Emelin has played RD most of his KHL/NHL career.

But yes, that is my position in regards to why Emelin should play RD over Gorges, because Gorges isn't as good as a pucker mover as Emelin is.

Again, you keep talking about putting ppl in the best situation, who can you say yet then say, ya lets put Gorges in a tougher spot, its ok if he screws up.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you need to see the reality that unless you have a perfect Righty RD lefty LD match, somene is not going to be put in the best situation.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote