Thread: Bertuzzi to DRW
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Borlag

vCash: 500
No, I knew it'd be a long shot getting Smyth in the beginning and I doubted he'd even be available. Now that we all know that he was, I have to agree that I am dissappointed that Holland didn't go for him.

Sure enough, Detroit did get the type of players that I had hoped for and none of the soft wingers that I dreaded we might see. Yet I'd be much more comfortable with Guerin or Tkatchuk in place of Bertuzzi, mainly because of his current injury status, but partially because of his attitude. Then again Tkatchuk is known to be somewhat lazy as well and didn't Guerin snap at one of his own team mates in Dallas few years ago? And in place of Calder I would've much rather seen someone who hasn't been slumping for the most of the season already.

And you did have one thing right, I didn't have much faith in Wings getting that far, mainly because it's still essentially the same core of players, minus Shanahan and Yzerman, both of whom have been essential parts of our cup runs. On top of that everything could crumble if Hasek gets injured again, but that's a risk we all know and have learnt to live with by now.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote