View Single Post
Old
02-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Heard a interesting interview with Lundqvist a few weeks ago. He said that he were scrambling last year high on adrenaline, said that this season he just started to learn the trade.

I really like that attitude, cause I think there always are a risk with players who have a huge success early in their careers that they just try to perform, instead focusing on their development. Lundqvist is still only a soapmore, he is 25 y/o, but only broke through after he turned 20. He weren't spectacular during his WJC for example. Most goalies reach their prime 7-8 years into their NHL career.

At times last season, and in Europe, I felt Lundqvist could have a perfect balance in his game. In Europe I think it was because he simply owned the shooters, here last season I think it were because he kind of weren't "exposed". Though now I do sense a few flaws, that keeps him from getting into that zone, where he can play with a perfect balance.

During all Lundqvists tentures in the WCH, or against big name NHL goalies in the SEL, I didn't once feel he played against a more talented goalie, not even gooing up against Loungo, for me Lundqvist always outplayed thoose guys. I think Lundqvist defenitly have fell behind thoose guys, like Brodeur and Luongo. Though I defenitly have hopes, and I think we all should, that Lundqvist in 3-4 years can start competing with the best.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote