View Single Post
Old
04-07-2014, 07:06 PM
thevil
Lets go Aves?

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
I've used the Ovechkin curve for 3 months midway through the season, and some parts of my game definitely suffered :
-1. Backhand saucer passes : I know those can be tricky, but I can count on my fingers the number of successful attempts. The puck flutters and bounces over the intended target.

-2. Blue line slapshots : They come off like rockets (I've never shot harder with another curve than the P08), but I could barely keep them under the crossbar. I stopped taking slap shots from the blue line after I nearly ripped someone's head off.
You don't want to use a stick that will impede your performance.

All the other areas of my game were fine with it. It's a fun curve to use if you only care about sniping wrist shots top shelf or pulling toe drags.

For the noobs, I suggest again the P92. Once you're fairly used to it, move on to the Kreps curve, which is IMO the best curve available. No wonder why so many pros use it (Stamkos, Semin,... just to name a few).
To be fair, it was never intended to be a curve for taking blueline slappers. It is made for forwards.

thevil is offline   Reply With Quote