View Single Post
Old
04-07-2014, 11:25 PM
nightfighter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber6 View Post
How should I absolutely become a beast behind the net and in the crease (screening the goalie)

I'm not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest guy but I have a grinders mentality in that I love being around the crease and crashing the crease trying to get rebound goals or garbage goals.

Also, any way to perfect the Geno power move (One hand shielding a defender one hand on the stick) ?
It's harder to do that shield move when you're running and you can't use your shin to block low sweeping sticks since your legs are always moving. But one move my teammates do a lot is when they go to power by somebody along the boards or are looking to spin off a check, they'll actually use their lead leg and kick away the defender's stick, which gives a brief opening for you to exploit. Try it next time

In terms of being a good net presence...speaking as a goalie, the guys that cause me the most trouble are actually the ones that have good hand eye and can create tips and deflections. Better hand eye also lets you track and corral rebounds quicker than the goalie can (in theory). Of course you also have to be fearless and willing to take a lot of punishment.

nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote