View Single Post
Old
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Speculation is over - win 12 games + 1 OTL in 19 left or play golf

The speculation is now over:

The team is set. Trades have been made. Players have been cut & claimed.

How will it look down the line the final 19 games & how will they end?

The team:
Forwards - Jagr, Straka, Hossa, Avery, Nylander, Prucha, Shanny (IR), Cullen, Ortmeyer, Ibister, Betts, Hollweg, Orr, Immonen are the forwards
Will someone else get a callup?

Maybe lines something like this (after Shanny ev comes back???):
Hossa - Straka - Jagr
Avery - Nylander - Shanny
Prucha - Cullen - Ortmeyer
Hollweg - Betts - Ibister/Orr (depending on competition)

Reserve: Immonen

Not too bad actually. This looks a lot like the beginning of the year - adding Ortmeyer and Avery though. If they definitely fall out of the race 1-2 from Hartford should dress and play in the final games

Defense is also interesting. We got what we got.

Roszival - Malik
Mara - Tyutin
Rachunek - Girardi

Pck

In goal - it would be interesting to test Montoya a few games if Ranmgers are out of the PO picture. Otherwise I guess Henrik is going to play every game down the line (hopefully as if it is his last one...) until they break or bust. Valiquette was not a nice option it seemed.

If we make the playoffs (and he plays "well" in Hartford) - I would consider calling up Kaspar as 7th defender to add edge and experience. Probably not gonna happen anyway though.

Rangers have 19 games left with 66 points now. Need at least 25 points to squeeze into PO position in my opinion and according to my final prediction. Which should match reality. Buffalo, NJ Devils, Ottawa, Pittsburgh and Tampa seem to be in. Rangers fight it out with Atlanta, NY Isles, Montreal, Toronto, Carolina and Boston for last 3 spots. It will be a tough and interesting finale. Atlanta should make it now with their desperado upgrade - but it also often means :choke choke:
Maybe Rangers and Isles both make it in - but they need to make every game they meet each others (4 times remaining) a 3 pointer then.

Mar 1 PIT Must WIN
Mar 3 STL WIN
Mar 5 NYI WIN
Mar 8 @NYI OTL
Mar 10 @PIT LOSS
Mar 11 CAR Must WIN
Mar 13 OTT LOSS
Mar 16 @ATL LOSS
Mar 17 BOS WIN
Mar 19 PIT WIN
Mar 21 PHI WIN
Mar 24 @BOS WIN
Mar 25 @NYI LOSS
Mar 27 @MON WIN
Mar 31 @PHI WIN
Apr 1 TOR WIN
Apr 3 @NYI LOSS
Apr 5 MON WIN
Apr 7 @PIT LOSS

12-6-1
Still possible - but how probable. Far too many ourageously unnecessary losses like Philadelphia & Columbus cloud the way to the playoffs.

However - Philadelphia is in last place & the goon Brashears Caps will also be on the golf course come May. At least some consolation.

Thoughts or opinions?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote