View Single Post
Old
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, he is looking better. Heard a interesting interview with Lundqvist a few weeks ago. He said that he were scrambling last year high on adrenaline, said that this season he just started to learn the trade.

I really like that attitude, cause I think there always are a risk with players who have a huge success early in their careers that they just try to perform, instead focusing on their development. Lundqvist is still only a soapmore, he is 25 y/o, but only broke through after he turned 20. He weren't spectacular during his WJC for example. Most goalies reach their prime 7-8 years into their NHL career.

At times last season, and in Europe, I felt Lundqvist could have a perfect balance in his game. In Europe I think it was because he simply owned the shooters, here last season I think it were because he kind of weren't "exposed". Though now I do sense a few flaws, that keeps him from getting into that zone, where he can play with a perfect balance.

During all Lundqvists tentures in the WCH, or against big name NHL goalies in the SEL, I didn't once feel he played against a more talented goalie, not even gooing up against Loungo, for me Lundqvist always outplayed thoose guys. I think Lundqvist defenitly have fell behind thoose guys, like Brodeur and Luongo. Though I defenitly have hopes, and I think we all should, that Lundqvist in 3-4 years can start competing with the best.
I think he has all the tools, the real question is whether the team can build around him.

It's hard to judge Lundqvist in that regard because he is STILL playing behind a very mediocre defense and what has amounted to a .500 team.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote