View Single Post
Old
04-08-2014, 10:43 AM
MikeyP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Joseph View Post
Defense will take a hit
This is actually my primary concern. Duke will be gone, we will probably let Lussier go - though I do like him. Assuming the Panthers dont take him, we would have to keep Weegar I would think and let Hardie go (ouch). The D is going to be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
gonna go on a limb here, subtract Darveau...

IMO, you keep Gadoury and Hardie for sure. If San Antonio (Panthers) keep Weegar than you keep Ryan as the third 20, if not then trade Ryan and Lussier for some picks... Lussier wouldn't be a bad twenty, but I have a feeling this team will only re-tool, not rebuild, so he may have to be cut or traded.

Not a bad problem to have... 4 elite overagers and 2 decent regulars who can play in this league. We'll make the right decision I trust.
Pretty good assessment - but man I hate to give up Darveau. He has been pretty great as a backup and with having Fucale you *need* a good backup (MTL training camp, world Juniors, etc.) and the Moose had a devil of a time finding a backup this season.

So best case would be:
- Gadoury
- Hardie
- Weegar/Ryan

Speaking of roster stuff, my big disappointment this year has to be Meier. He looked real good in tryouts but notwithstanding a few flashes of greatness has not amounted to much this year...