Old
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I heard an interview on Leafs Lunch with Don Meehan who is the agent for Ryan Smyth.From listening to Meehan's comments,Smyth is going to be a free agent on July 1.Meehan indicated money wasn't the only factor why Edmonton and Smyth didn't get a deal done.Meehan talked about a no movement clause/no trade clause which he wanted as part of the deal

The Rangers aren't giving any player a no movement clause or a no trade clause.They refused to offer Patrik Ellias a NMC last summer
Yes, but Elias isn't one of Sather's friends. Sather considers Smyth one of his friends. They are from the same town and Sather had to campaign for Smyth all throughout and before the draft during his year.

I think a guy like Smyth WOULD get that from Sather compared to a guy Sather has had no positive history with.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote