View Single Post
Old
04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Here's some GENERAL classifications of curves:

P88 - Moderate mid curve, face opens slightly from mid to toe.
PM9/E4 - Small mid-heel curve, face stays closed.
P92/E3 - Big mid curve, face opens wide from mid to toe.
P91/E6 - Moderate heel curve, face opens wide from heel to tie.
P02/E5 - Big mid-heel curve, face opens wide from mid-heel to toe
E7 - Small mid curve, face stays closed.
P14 - Cross between P88 and P92, generally.
E28 - Similar to P92 but with a toe curve instead of mid.

I would highly recommend, again, learning on a P88. Some people recommend the PM9 for beginners, but I think it's a little easier to shoot on a P88 and I like how it's a bit easier to protect the puck with the curve pocket.

Now obviously if you can play hockey well, you're going to be just fine with any of them. Give Crosby a backwards stick with any of those curves and he'll probably school 99.9% of hockey players in the world with it.

But I just generally think a good all-around curve is a good thing to start with.

The P91 for sure will get pucks up in a hurry, but I found it hard to keep passes low. The P88 and P14 were the best for me in terms of passing the puck.

My shot is the best with the E28 since the puck can go high or low, left or right predictably for me. It just kind of works. The P92 and P91 get up in a hurry with a lot of velocity, but are harder to control and I miss the net. PM9 doesn't work for me as I tend to flub on shots as I'm used to a more open face.

Nothing touches the PM9 for backhands, but 95% of the time I'm shooting on my forehand and the backhand passes are good enough with the rest of the lot.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote