View Single Post
Old
04-08-2014, 03:23 PM
bigdirty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
This is actually my primary concern. Duke will be gone, we will probably let Lussier go - though I do like him. Assuming the Panthers dont take him, we would have to keep Weegar I would think and let Hardie go (ouch). The D is going to be an issue.

Pretty good assessment - but man I hate to give up Darveau. He has been pretty great as a backup and with having Fucale you *need* a good backup (MTL training camp, world Juniors, etc.) and the Moose had a devil of a time finding a backup this season.

So best case would be:
- Gadoury
- Hardie
- Weegar/Ryan

Speaking of roster stuff, my big disappointment this year has to be Meier. He looked real good in tryouts but notwithstanding a few flashes of greatness has not amounted to much this year...
Yeah, I like Meier, and I think he's a solid player, but he always leaves me wanting more. I just get the feeling that he's capable of more than what we're seeing from him. Could be something as simple as him having a hard time adjusting to league, and the difference in culture.

Still, he's only 17, and maybe I'm setting my expectations a bit too high after being spoiled with some amazing young forwards the past few years. Next season will be his draft year, hopefully he can turn it up with with the added ice-time he'll be getting.