View Single Post
Old
02-28-2007, 05:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Sather did not trade young players for old farts. In fact he's done exactly what he & maloney have been saying for a long time. They will trade, but it will to benefit the team long term. They will not take on salary. We turned a player, Duprey, who we have plenty of duplicates of on the farm and in Jrs for a quality young player, barely over 20 who plays with an edge and more importantly north/south kind of player.

Mara is 7 years younger than Ward whom we got for zero. He's bigger and will address the PP point issue. His contract is not a killer. He enters his contract year next year and based off of the prices this year could fetch a #1 should we decide to deal him next year at the trade deadline. The positive is maybe no more Rozsival on the point.
So basically AR, you were being sarcastic with the thread title, gotcha now.

Look I would have been fine if they added Bertuzzi or whoever as long as they didnt overpay like EVERYONE else seems to be doing. I was in shock when i saw what was being given up for players like Guerin, Tkachuk, Smyth, etc., guys who are UFA's at the end of the year. The Blues unless i'm mistaken now have 3 1st round picks! Every team seemed to be trading away 1st round picks as if they were 3rd round picks, they were being traded left and right which is why I am extremely content with management.

Mara is 7 years younger than Ward, bigger, better skater, and just as physical, to me thats an upgrade.

And I saw a thread at the bottom with the title basically wondering if Avery was the reason Dupuis was traded. Really thats ridiculous and has nothing to do with why he was traded. Really he was traded because we got a top prospect back, a guy liked in the 05 draft and wanted, who isnt that far off from the NHL IMO. He has a lot to offer with the scouting reports having sense of great optimism for this kid. He's a former 1st round pick and well we all know how Hossa is working out another former 1st round pick. Lets just hope Bourret doesnt take as long to develop.

We kept our picks mostly except for that 3rd rounder and we have cap space to sign all the UFA's that will be available this summer and there is a plethara of them.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote