View Single Post
Old
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
mattkaminski15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Dangles are not the key element of making a team. See the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the USHL. Mark Carlson has made a living as a coach with players who play with speed up the wing and win the transition game.

Work ethic, back checking, not taking penalties and team play are what has made Cedar Rapids a successful organization. In the 9 years I have been watching the Riders, I cannot think of 1 player that made the team because of his hands or dangles. I say try out for AAA, if you have what it takes to move on, scouts will recognize that.
I've skated with a few AAA players my age and I've been able to, not only keep up with them, but it felt like at times I was almost controlling the pace of the game. I've also skated with AAA players who play 18u and they're beyond good. I can keep up with them, for a bit, but they have a lot more strength than I do so I get knocked around like a pillow. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm confident in my ability to play at and/or above the level of play the current u16s are at. I'm only scared to try out because I don't want to embarrass myself with my lack of dangles.

mattkaminski15 is offline   Reply With Quote