View Single Post
Old
04-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
I'm really starting to think we don't take a WR in the first round unless Evans slips.

There is so much talent associated with this year's draft at the WR spot. To believe that ODB jumped ahead of Lee and Cooks in terms of hype and draft projection is absurd.

Just 3 months ago, I watched a few LSU games in succession, and liked Jarvis Landry more than Beckham. Landry is a 3-4 rd pick.

I love Jordan Matthews too, and he's projected to go mid 2nd, early 3rd. Ripe for the Jets 2nd round pick.

Not to mention, skill players oftentimes get unrealistically projected, every year.

Lee is slipping. He's out of the top 10, out of the top 20, and found in the latter half of the 20's right now - for now. He could slip all the way to the Jets at 48 at this pace.

The point is, the Jets have more than WR need, and taking a guy in the first round that might not be deserve of that tag, would be foolish. I can't see the Jets passing on Watkins or Evans, if they slip to 18... somehow... but in the probability that they do not slip, the Jets will still likely take BPA, whether it be defense or offense.

Ebron, Dennard, Barr (if he slips).

They might even trade back to the later part of the 1st round and get another pick in the process.

Cooks, ODB, Lee are all stretches at 18 and if none of those 3 players I listed above are available... I'd imagine we trade back.