GBailey93

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GBailey93
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
It is in fact Adam Oates II.

Cup or bust. Too bad we're not going to beat Jersey, Ottawa, Toronto or Tampa
Why is it Adam Oates II?

I don't think that Clarke made a bad move on that trade. We needed a center, the powerplay was horrid, and we had another goalie prospect who was thought of higher than Oullette. So we traded 2 draft picks, which we had a supply of, and tried to win a cup. It blew up in his face, but someone always gets the better end of the trade, and this time it wasn't Clarke.

And why are we not going to be Jersey, Ottawa, Toronto or Tampa? We beat Toronto last season, and have gotten better while they have been injury prone all season. As for Ottawa, if the Flyers had gotten to play a cupcake team in the first round, I think they beat them too last year. Tampa's goaltending is not proven in the playoffs, and I don't think they are very deep. And Jersey, well that remains the hurdle, but Stevens might never play again.

You have to make this trade. Comrie does nothing for this team currently. Nothing. He plays 8 minutes a game. LaPointe can do that and is better on the PK. Antero played well in 2 games. but I don't want him in goal vs. the Devils.

People on this board seem to see Burke from 98 when he had back problems and Dave Babych was a top 6 Dman for the Flyers. Burke went to Phoenix, met their goalie coach, and from there has been a great goalie.

And not only does Burke cost us very little in the present (the future value of this trade will be determined in the years to come) but Burke will not disrupt the chemistry of the locker room. He is Esche's best friend. he allows the Flyers to be competitive for the #1 seed, as well as provide insurance and a mentor for Esche.

A great trade for the Flyers.