View Single Post
Old
02-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Physical HABuse

vCash: 500
Dealing with Kevin Lowe scares me cuz I think his demands can be extreme. I wouldn't want to give up a lot right now for R. Smith despite how good he is. He does get injured yes. However, I am thinking more about the fact that we are not going to win the Cup....relaistically we won't. The plan was to rebuild around youngsters over the next few years. We just happen to be already ahead of schedule.....that's cool. I would much rather see these young guys learn how to win. If that means losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs this year......so be it. Then......in a few years when the young guys develop into good hockey players, and they learn how to win, Gainey can make a trade for that one player that will help them get to the cup. Right now, this team still doesn't know how to win a cup. They are a playoff team..not a Cup team and Ryan Smith isn't going to change that.....so there is no point in compromising the future. Stick to the plan, and don't get derailed by some premature hope. I will enjoy seeing these young players eventually mature into cup contenders.