View Single Post
Old
03-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
The point remains we didn't do too badly in that purge. Still would have liked more from the Leetch deal (imagine trading Leetch, at his age, in this current trade market...), but all and all I think we did alright there.
I think we ended up like one player minus from dooing good. We should have been able to get atleast one top two unit player. Balej and Immonen and co. were a bit overrated, Kondratiev are looking better and better, but we rushed him some. Washington moved one player and got that Shaoen Morrisson (sp) D.

I still think what we did was extremely important. Our depth in HFD is a big advantage. Bourret gooing there now is a good example of how the depth of kids there can pay off. Down there its so obvious that he must be atleast as good as guys like Callahan, Korpikoski, Immonen, Dawes and Dubinsky to even get a chance. If one of thoose guys work extremely hard, its obvious for the rest what it will take. Its a bit diffrent in Chicago were he played with a bunch of flawed vets like Krog, Martins, Larose and Haydar.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote