View Single Post
Old
04-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
I disagree. He doesn't try to truck people because that's not what his skill is. That being said, he fights for the ball 100x better than Jackson does. He'll go up to make the tough catch. He'll go across the middle. After the catch, he's not going to try to run someone over. Why would he? He's small, extremely fast, and elusive. You didn't see Barry Sanders trying to run people over because that's not what his strong point was (to clarify, I'm not saying Cooks is anywhere near as good as Sanders). I don't think that makes Cooks soft.

In regards to Landry, he reminds me of Jerricho Cotchery. Runs good routes, isn't overly fast, but has some of the softest hands I've ever seen. I believe he had the lowest drop percentage of any WR in the NCAA this year (someone could stat check that). When I watched the film, I saw LSU throw to Landry when they needed a big play. He always came down with the contested ball, fought like hell for every ball and every yard. I just see a very solid #2 with Landry.
I agree with Landry. I don't watch Cooks much so I can't comment on that.

But I did watch about half of LSU's games this year. Landry was the guy who caught my eye. ODB, not so much. Many of my reasons are the same.