View Single Post
Old
04-10-2014, 07:22 PM
MoserHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
He seems to have issues with consistency. In some rankings, he had fallen out of the top ten altogether after a *terrible* world junior championship.
Still finished the WJC with 6 Points in 6 Games as an underager on a bad German Team. More Points than Drouin and MacKinnon had in their underage WJCs combined, one less Point than Barkov had in his underage WJC. More Points than F.Forsberg had in his WJC the season after he was drafted.
I don't want to say that he will be as good as MacKinnon, my point is that the myth about his "terrible" WJC is overblown.
Everyone expected him to dominate, after the amazing WJC he had the year before as a double-underager.
Unfortunately he couldn't dominated as hoped but it isn't easy to shine playing on a bad German Team.
He still finished with 6P in 6 games. Heck, MacKinnon had 1 Point last year and still was the 1st Overall and now has 62 Points in 79 games.
So there you can see that having a bad WJC doesn't mean anything at all.

If he falls to us we should take him without hesitating imo. He is exactly what we need.
A big offensive Center with 70+ Points potential.
Slick Hands, great passer, good shooter, elite vision and iq.
He needs to work on his skating as it is average at best compared to his other skills.
Sounds like Barkov from last year , (maybe) not as good as Barkov but he is close.

Draitsaitl finished the Season with 105 Points in 64 Games.
No Draft eligible Player from the CHL has more Points than Draitsaitl.

He was invidetd to the German WC Camp and had his first game today, where he scored one assist.

And in the lastest rankings he is in everywehres Top 10.
THN Futures Watch has him at #1, ISS #6, Button #4, Central Scouting #4 (NA Players)

I would take him in the Top 3 for sure and the Preds would be stupid to pass on him if he fell to them at the Draft.

MoserHockey is offline   Reply With Quote