View Single Post
Old
03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
I don't know why we're all looking past Ward's gaffe in the NJ game directly before the Columbus game. If Ward doesn't take a run at the puck carrier as the Devils were breaking in 3-on-2, then the Devils don't have a 2-on-1 and Prucha doesn't have to scramble on the backcheck. He wasn't the worst d-man, but being responsible for the game-tying goal (I'd split the blame evenly on that one between Prucha and Ward) in a must-win game is grounds for a benching.

There were a number of reasons for the scratch and trade more reasonable than an argument that occurred at the beginning of February.
and don't forget in the game at nj ward inexplicably drifts to rachunek's side allowing parise to streak to the net untouched...and still be in position to throw the puck off rachunek's stick into the net.

and the last game against philly ward again drifted on the goal by gagne that made it 2-1 and helped lead to the loss.

ward, if not the worst d-man on the rangers recently, has been pretty close to it. not to mention he's had more pucks go in off of him than anybody else. and that's saying something considering how many times it's happened to the entire group.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote