View Single Post
04-12-2014, 09:54 AM
vCash: 500
Shayne Gostisbehere (signed ELC, terms in OP; debuted with Phantoms Apr. 19)

I'm a long time lurker, took me years to even get an account, and I don't post much at all but I live in upstate NY, not all that far from Schenectady. I have a few friends that went to Union and one that's involved in the athletic department. He traveled with the team during the tournament and just sent me a quick message letting me know that the press release is already written and tonight will be Ghost's last game with Union.

I know I'm not a legitimate source, so I'm not upset if this gets locked or anything. I just felt like passing the information along to fellow Flyers fans.

Flyers' confirmation

2014 National Champion to report to Adirondack Phantoms

Tuesday, 04.15.2014 / 12:59 PM / News

Philadelphia Flyers

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed 2012 Draft Pick, defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere to an entry-level contract, according to general manager Paul Holmgren. He will report to the club's AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, for the remainder of the season.

Gostisbehere was selected in the third round (78th overall) by the Flyers in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Gostisbehere is fresh off winning the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament with Union College, held at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia this past weekend. He led Union with a goal and two assists to go along with a plus-minus rating of +7 in the Championship game, a 7-4 win over Minnesota.

Over the course of three years at Union, Gostisbehere recorded 22 goals and 60 assists for 82 points in 118 games.

Details on Gostisbehere contract: $925k (entry-level max) for 3 years, plus performance bonus max of $212,500 (14-15), $637,500 (15-17).
Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-19-2014 at 12:28 AM.
ComradeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote